This page provides a list of resources including publications, case studies and presentations.
Current Projects not yet Published
24. Maunder E.A.W., Izzuddin B.A. & Ramsay A.C.A. An Equilibrium Shell Element for Folded Plate Structures, Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Computational Mechanics for Spatial Structures, eds. A. Ibrahimbegovic, S. Dolarevic, M. Hrasnica, M. Madzarevic, M. Zlatar, pp 248-250, IASS-IACM 2012, Sarajevo, April 2-4, 2012.
21. Maunder E.A.W & Ramsay A.C.A. Equilibrium models for lower bound limit analyses of reinforced concrete slabs, in Proceedings 10th International Conference on Computational Structures Technology, eds. BHV Topping, JM Adam, FJ Pallares, R. Bru, ML Romero, Valencia, Civil-Comp Press, 2010.
20. Maunder E.A.W. & Ramsay A.C.A., The case for equilibrium models in FEM with application to slab design, presented at IABSE Conference on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for Bridges, Buildings and Construction Practice, Helsinki, June 4-6, 2008.
19. Maunder E.A.W. & Ramsay A.C.A., Limit analysis of slabs revisited with finite element models, in proceedings of 6th International Conference on Computation of Shell & Spatial Structures, IASS-IACM 2008, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, May 28-31, 2008.
18. Harvey W.J., Maunder E.A.W. & Ramsay A.C.A. The influence of spandrel wall construction on arch bridge behaviour, in Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Arch Bridges, Madeira, Portugal, 12-14 September 2007, P.B. Lourenco, D.V. Oliveira. A. Portela (eds.), 601-608, Multicomp, Lda, 2007.
16. Ramsay A.C.A. & Maunder E.A.W. Boundary conditions and sub-modelling with p-type hybrid equilibrium plate elements, in P. Diez & N.-E. Wiberg, eds., Adaptive Modeling and Simulation 2005, CIMNE, 177-180, 2005.
15. Maunder E.A.W. & Ramsay A.C.A. Towards efficient implementation of hybrid equilibrium plate elements, in E.Ramm, W.A.Wall, K.-U. Bletzinger, M. Bischoff, eds., CD Proceedings of the 5th International Conference of Shell & Spatial Structures, Salzburg, 1-4 June 2005.
13. Maunder E.A.W. & Ramsay A.C.A. A basis for an axisymmetric hybrid-stress element, in V.Kompis, J.Sladek, M.Zmindak, eds, Proceedings of NMCM2003, 9th International Conference on Numerical Methods in Continuum Mechanics, Zilina, September 9-12, 2003.
10. Ramsay A.C.A. & Johnson D. Analysis of Practical Slab Configurations using Automated Yield-Line Analysis and Geometric Optimisation of Fracture Patterns, Engineering Structures, 20(8):647-654, January 1998. Referenced in Recent Advances in Optimal Structural Design, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2002
9. Maunder E.A.W., Ramsay A.C.A., Strategies for error estimation using variable degree equilibrium elements, in E A W Maunder, ed., Computational Mechanics in UK - Extended Abstracts for the Sixth Conference of ACME. Exeter, 55-58, 1998.
4. Maunder E.A.W., Moitinho de Almeida J.P. & Ramsay A.C.A. A general formulation of equilibrium macro-elements with control of spurious kinematic modes: the exorcism of an old curse. Int. J. Num. Meth. Eng. Vol 39, 3175-3194, 1996.
2. Maunder E.A.W. & Ramsay A.C.A. Quadratic equilibrium elements. Published in FEM Today and the Future, (Proceedings of the Seventh World Congress on Finite Element Methods, Monte Carlo, 401-407, November 1993.
0. Robinson J., Maunder E.A.W., & Ramsay A.C.A. Some Studies of Simple Error Estimators, Parts I to VI, Finite Element News, Issues, 4, 5 & 6 (1992) and 1, 2 & 3 (1993)